Monday, September 26, 2011

Clever me!

I'm proud of my creative cleverness.

Now that we're a real family, with a dad, a mom, and a baby, I really wanted to own a framed copy of the The Family - A Proclamation To The World.  That's not a problem for someone living right next to Deseret Book. (It's literally a block from our front door.) So I walked over there one day to buy one. I was too cheap to pay for the framed version, so I bought the naked paper version and we ordered a frame for it from Amazon. That's not the clever part yet.

We waited and waited for that frame to arrive, and when it finally did, we were disappointed to discover the frame was about 2 inches too wide all the way around! We thought of returning it for a smaller frame, but I was too impatient and decided to surround the border of the paper with pictures of our family.

I meant to print the pictures in sepia, but oh well. Black and white works too. I think it turned out rather nicely, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. I love your creative cleverness. I would be too impatient to wait for another frame too! I think it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, you clever, crafty little wife, you!

    ReplyDelete