Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baby skills!

Paul has been busy learning about the world around him. Ever since that day he discovered he has hands - September 16th to be exact - he has been mastering the art of touching, rubbing, scratching, and whacking all the different textures around him. Below is a picture of him scratching the chair pillow.




Paul's becoming much more aware of his surroundings. He has a love/hate relationship with Mr. Green elephant. He's always straining his neck to get a good look at him. Sometimes it scares him and he whimpers. I'll physically turn Paul's head away from the elephant, but he just turns it right back. Mr. Blue elephant doesn't get any attention. It's just that sneaky Mr. Green he has to keep an eye on. You never know what that creepy creature might do when your back is turned... (Please ignore Paul's spit-up stained, out-of-season shirt. It's is a lounging outfit.)


Paul has been learning the skill of listening to bedtime stories. He was pretty fascinated by the colorful pages!


He's mastered the skill of letting mommy bundle him up for our cold morning walks.


He is now mature enough to take a bath without a fuss. In fact, he actually kind of enjoys baths now. What three-month-old wouldn't love splashing water with their legs?




And I saved the best for last. My very favorite thing Paul has learned to do is to laugh! He started laughing at about 2.5 months. Here's a video of some mild laughter - he's become much more fluent in giggles and guffaws since this video was taken. I'll have to capture some good ones for you.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. The video is so cute! I love little baby laughs, and so does Benton (he had us watch it a few times). That is so funny about the green elephant, haha! It was great to see you yesterday, I hope you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, baby Paul's rolls have rolls. I LOVE it! What a cute chunky baby, I want one. =) I was trying to figure out the green elephant thing, and imagined it was some kind of stuffed animal. (I hadn't scrolled down yet to see the picture.) And when I saw what it was, it made me laugh out loud. What a smart little boy to pay attention to that little green elephant. Elephants are the coolest!

    And thanks for your kind comments on my blog, especially on my patience post. It makes me feel like I'm doing ok. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! I like his fig leaf moment.

    ReplyDelete