Monday, March 5, 2012

While daddy was gone

This post is a little late, but here are some things Paul and I did while Blair was in North Carolina.

We visited Laura and Ben.


Paul decided he liked aunt Laura after she gave him a bowl of cheerios.


Benjamin was very welcoming to his guest - well, one of them. He hand fed me cheerios and cuddled with me, which often required pushing Paul out of the way. I couldn't stop laughing!

I also had time to work on one of my projects while Blair was gone. I turned the Costco baby wipes boxes into storage bins for Paul's room. I wanted them to have a removable liner so they could be washed.


I've made three so far, and am just waiting for one more wipe box to complete the set.



We've also been going on lots of morning jogs to fill up our days without daddy.


Here are some reasons you should be jealous of where I live and of the beauty I get to walk in:


Yep, the temple is right down the road from us.




We also visited Aunt Laura (his real aunt) and his cousin Robert. Here they are getting to know each other better before getting in their strollers for a walk to the zoo and back. It was a lot of fun!


They're both pretty chill babies. Robert gets cuter and more smiley every time I see him!



This post makes it look like our days were fun-filled and busy while Blair was out of town, but the times at home between these fun events were quite long and dull! We're so happy the week and a half without daddy is finally over!

4 comments:

  1. It is hard when the hubs is away! They make everything better! I'm glad you got to have a little fun though, and your storage boxes are way way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrifty, clever house wife you are! My goodness, I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with your storage boxes. Seriously! I am not talented that way, but I'm glad someone knows how to upcycle so well! Go you!

    I can't get over how much Ben looks like Tyler. It's honestly amazing.

    You live by the temple? So do my parents! Like, right by it. Are you in the Lake Oswego ward?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys. :)

    Lola, we used to be in the Lake Oswego ward and I actually know which house your parents live in, but the ward boundaries changed a couple months ago. We're now in the Lakeridge ward and go to a building that's much further away.

    ReplyDelete