Monday, April 23, 2012

Eight teeth and standing up


We have one more week before Paul's ten month mark and he's already grinning with eight teeth. (With a ninth on the way!) I almost hate to say it, but I'm counting down the days to his first birthday so I can ween him...



For about two weeks now Paul's been pulling himself up onto furniture and cruising around the house.


Look at those muscles!


What a man-(child)!



I have a word of caution to any new mothers out there. The pulling-up stage could bring difficulty back to bedtime. For the first week of his new-found standing skills, Paul would automatically pull himself up every time we lay him in his crib. The problem was that he didn't know how to get back down, so he'd be standing and crying - completely stuck. Blair or I would go in to lay him down again, but, no matter how exhausted he was, he would just get right back up. Thankfully, this stage was short lived and he goes to bed without a fuss now. He's also learned how to get down to all fours himself now. Yay!

This is the cute face I get to see every morning! He laughs all the time now! It's so fun!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! I love his little elvis silly face in the beginning of the clip. Standing up babies are so fun! And I know what you mean, and don't blame you about being ready to wean him. Around ten months I started to do half formula and half breast milk because I was having a hard time nursing him all the time. Unlike several moms out there, I was ready to be done nursing. =)

    ReplyDelete