Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Newest Nephew!

My sister, Reana, had her baby!!! Woohoo!

All through church my thoughts were on Reana. Her water broke at four that morning and she and Shawn arrived at the hospital at nine. I subconsciously assumed my sister would have a labor identical to mine - fast! However, things took quite a bit longer for her. Her contractions didn't start until one or two that afternoon, and they just kept coming after that. All that evening we waited for a phone call. Nothing. That entire, restless night my phone lay right next to me, and still there was no no news. Reana labored all through the night without any pain medications and without much progress. Finally at about eight in the morning she was given relief through an epidural and in a very short time she dilated completely and was ready to push. Lincoln Grey Sabbavarapu was born January 28th at 11:22 am, weighing 6 lbs 15oz.

Reana is one strong woman, and little Lincoln is strong too. He had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck during delivery which caused his heart rate to drop to dangerous levels. After he was born, he had trouble breathing, but thanks to the wonderful staff there at St. Vincent's hospital, he and Reana are perfectly fine.


Lincoln in his daddy's hands.


Lincoln and Reana.

I'll have to post some pictures of when Paul and Lincoln first met. They're a pretty cute pair already. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment