Monday, August 15, 2011

One month old (two weeks ago...)

I forgot the all-important blog post commemorating Paul's one month birthday! So here it is two weeks late. It has been a wonderful month (and a half)! 

Blair and I are the type of people who like to plan ahead, especially if it's for a life-changing event -  i.e. marriage, baby, etc. For some reason people like to tell you all the horror stories about whatever event you're anticipating. So of course, Blair and I were preparing our minds for a fussy, screaming, spit-up-y, funny-looking baby, who wouldn't eat well, wouldn't take a bottle and would never sleep. Meanwhile I  would be bed-ridden, infected from delivery, cranky and suffering from postpartum depression. 

However, we've lucked out yet again in life and our baby is mellow, smiley, hardly ever cries or spits up, sleeps well, and eats very  well (he's been gaining rolls and curdles by the day). As for the postpartum depression issue, I've never been happier in my life! I've been healing quite nicely too. 

When I tell people what a good baby we have, I think they feel the need to let us know that's not the way it usually is, and that our next baby will probably be a nightmare. That may be true, but I'm not going to fret about possible future hardships. I'm going to enjoy this angel baby while we have him!

These pictures were taken on August first, one month after his birth.
Paul riding his elephant.
He likes to just hang here while I do things around the house. Having a baby has taught me there's a lot more I can do with one hand than I ever thought possible.
The next few are to show off his head-holding skills.



Considering how much time he spends smiling, it's amazing how I can never capture one in a picture! Here are some kind of  smiles below.

And last of all is a video showing off his Oompa Loompa dance. (Actually it's a video showing his ability to put up with an eccentric mother. Let's hope he keeps up this level of tolerance as a teenager.)


If you remember the movie Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the old one), you'll remember the Oompa Loompa who tries to do a cartwheel in the white room. That's who Paul's impersonating at the end of this video.

5 comments:

  1. haha, our poor children and what we put them through. =) I love it! Happy one plus month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Rebecca. The oompa-loompa dance is the best thing ever! You and Paul had me dying of laughter!! He's such a cutie. Glad things are going so well for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heart! I think that handsome little guy needs some gramma kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best Oompa Loompa dancin' I've ever seen. What a talented child you have! :)

    ReplyDelete