Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Paul's Blessing


 On August 7, Paul was blessed in sacrament meeting. Both sets of his grandparents came as well as his uncle Jacob, aunt Alyssa, aunt Laura, uncle Rob, aunt Abigail, uncle Michael, and cousin James.
He was blessed in the same outfit that my dad, my uncles and my brother were blessed in. Which means it's probably close to sixty years old! The bottom half of the outfit was lined with plastic for the olden-day babies who only had cloth diapers. Thanks to my mom, the yellowing white suit was shipped in from Orland California before she washed and bleached it several times. She also polished the adorable shoes and made a matching bow tie for the occasion. (Thanks mom!)

I've been told that I was a very mellow and quiet baby like Paul until the day of my blessing, during which, I screamed at the top of my lungs. My mom said that was the beginning of the screaming years of my childhood.

 
We stuffed Paul with as much food as he would hold just before church and had a pacifier ready just in case the blessing screams were hereditary.


I'm happy to say Paul was very well behaved during the entire meeting. I'm sure the fact that there were extra hands to hold him had something to do with his good mood.

During his blessing he was wide awake and silently staring off into space. The men in the circle (my dad, Blair's dad, Jacob, Rob, Charles, our home teacher and Blair) started to bounce Paul slowly up and down. He seemed to like it, so we'll be remembering that trick for our future baby blessings. ;)

It was a beautiful blessing that was perfectly suited for Paul. Well done to both of my boys!

5 comments:

  1. He looked adorable on his special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the expressions on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and getting to know you and your little family! Isn't blog stalking so much fun! You get to be friends with people in a way you didn't think you would! Stalking!

    I love your son, so so cute! I love his name especially, and his facial expressions are precious. =) Congrats on the good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH!! The adorableness! It won't wash off!

    Seriously...congratulations. Paul is sooooo CUTE! He's very expressive, just like his mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize that was the same outfit dad and Ryan were blessed in! That is so cool, it gives me goosebumps! It's even better then seeing a really cool vintage car!!!

    ReplyDelete