Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Wardrobe Limbo


Why do clothes have to tell so much about a person? Right now I'm wearing a bright orange Running for Risa T-shirt and some floral, maternity, pajama bottoms.

You heard me correctly. Maternity bottoms. No no, I'm not pregnant again -thank goodness . I'm just not fully recovered from the actual pregnancy. I'm stuck between my pre-pregnancy wardrobe and my maternity wardrobe. The fact is I'm too hopeful (or too full of denial) to go shopping for some clothes that fit. Not to mention, I really don't enjoy clothes shopping.


Maybe I'm still in love with the comfort of maternity pants. No zippers. No buttons. No restricting waistband cutting into your love handles creating that oh so lovely muffin-top. Just a simple, soft stretchy fabric gently hugging your waist. Hugging you as if to say, "I love you with all your flabby faults!"

It's only when I actually think about it out loud, "I'm still wearing maternity pants" that it sounds tacky. Why can't we all wear maternity pants all the time? The world would be a much happier place!

It's funny how right after you have a baby, you feel so small and light. I remember thinking, "Hey, I think I can probably wear my normal clothes now!" Then I went home and reality sunk in. The first 25 lbs practically fell off in the first two weeks! But, those last 15 lbs are like the Grape Nuts cereal that stay in your pantry and never go away!

So here I am two months later, sporting baggy T-shirts and maternity pants day after day, wishing, hoping, dreaming that the clothes of my smaller self will magically fit one morning.

Well, I'm off to go for my morning run with the jogging stroller!

3 comments:

  1. https://www.pajamajeans.com/ "Like a sexy second skin." haha Maybe this will solve your problem!

    I do miss the comfort of maternity pants too. Why do we wear anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cracked up when I read this. Seriously I was in the same boat! This is what I did/learned, maybe it might help. First I hope the run went well and that would be awesome if you were able to just loose the weight and fit back into your clothes.

    I on the other hand did not loose all the weight. I kept the last 10 pounds on sadly. I have heard from some people that the last 10 pounds don't go away until you stop nursing (I wished that would be the case for me but it wasn't).

    After a year of having no clothes that fit and feeling terrible in everything that I wore because it didn't fit I finally bought some new clothes. It made such a difference! I felt so much better. I just decided that whether I lost the last 10 pounds or not there would probably be another time in my life when I would fit into this size again, like right after I have my 2nd baby. So I would suggest buying a few things that fit and make you feel good and when you are back to your normal size save them for after the next baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought maternity pants the other day, just because they looked so comfortable.... But then I decided that it's dangerous enough being a Freshman on a tight budget without wearing pants that won't keep me away from the free desserts and cheap boxes of Romen noodles. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete