Monday, January 23, 2012

Goldfish and Peanut Butter

Paul had his six month checkup and his pediatrician said at six months we should be "going to town" with feeding Paul solid foods. My intelligent response: "...oh..." We had been letting him taste mashed fruits and vegetables since he was 4 months old, (as recommended by the pediatrician) just every couple of days we'd let him try something new. We certainly weren't "going to town" though.

So we're really trying to buckle down and get a regular solid food session going every day now.

Last week, I tried a great recipe for homemade goldfish crackers and Paul absolutely loves them! They're mostly cheese and flour without all those preservatives and food dyes.
 ( I got the recipe here/  via Pinterest. Yes I gave in and am poking and pinning the internet along with every other girly girl out there.)



He just sucks on them 'til they're mush, kind of like those teething biscuits but without all the brown slime.



Another favorite of his?

Peanut butter

 "Yes!" I said out loud as he smacked his lips in sticky delight, "You are your parents' son!" and I loaded up another spoonful.




He's really enjoying this "eating" thing and I think I am too. Although, the biggest downside to him eating more solids... is the smell factor during diaper changes. I was warned, but the strength of that stench still caught me off guard! Those little smell-killing diaper bag things are starting to make more sense now!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, peanut butter baby! I want to try some of those homemade goldfish.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he is so his mommy's baby if he loves peanut butter! He's such a cutie pie; I'm glad he's liking all those solids!

    ReplyDelete